No Messages Yet
The Automotodrom Brno, also known as the Masaryk-Ring, lies on the western perimeter of the city of Brno. The current circuit was constructed in a forested area between 1985 and 1987. However, the first race in the region took place in the 1930s on a 29 kilometre-long road course. After the World War that layout was shortened to 17.8 kilometres, with 400,000 spectators attending the Czechoslovakia Formula 1 Grand Prix won by Peter Whitehead with a Ferrari in 1949.
The original Masaryk Ring, further shortened to 10.9 kilometres at the beginning of the eighties, fell into disuse when the modern circuit was officially opened in 1987. It has hosted many high-profile championships, including MotoGP and World Touring Cars, for many years now.