Data Protection Declaration
Internet Data Protection Declaration
This Disclaimer applies for all components of the website of HTA Circuit Booking GmbH. If parts thereof stand contrary to the applicable legal opinion, the content and validity of all other parts of this text remain wholly unaffected.
HTA Circuit Booking GmbH takes the protection of your personal data very seriously and complies strictly with the rules of the data protection laws. We process personal data that are collected during your visit to our websites in compliance with the applicable data protection provisions. We neither publish, disclose to third parties without consent nor sell your data. Below we explain which data we capture during your visit to our websites and exactly how they are used:
1. Who is responsible for date processing operations?
As defined by the basic EU data protection regulations, HTA Circuit Booking GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "HTA" and/or "we" and/or "us"), Rankestraße 6a, 80786 Munich, is responsible for the processing of your personal data. The headquarters of HTA Circuit Booking GmbH are Munich.
2. When does HTA acquire and process personal data?
HTA acquires and processes your personal data in the following cases, among others:
- When you contact us directly, for example via our website or via email and you are interested for example in our products or services or have any other concerns.
Please help us to keep your details up to date by notifying us regarding changes to your personal data – in particular your contact data.
3. Which data about you can be collected?
The following categories of personal data can be collected via the numerous services and contact channels described in this data protection information:
- Contact data: Name, telephone number, e-mail address.
- Other personal data: IP-address, VIN number, browser language version, browser version.
4. What is the purpose of processing your data?
The data acquired in the context of contract conclusion or the provision of services are processed for the purposes stated below. An explanation of the area of application of the available legal basis can be found here:
A. Customer care
(Article 6 Paragraph 1 b, g, f) of basic EU data protection regulations)
HTA uses your personal data to handle any request you have submitted (for example booking requests or complaints). Regarding all aspects of dealing with a booking request or concern, we will contact you without separate consent, for example in writing, by telephone, per messenger service, per e-mail, depending on which contact data you have specified.
B. Compliance with legal obligations to which HTA is subject
(Article 6, Paragraph 1 c, f) of basic EU data protection regulations)
HTA will also process personal data if there is a legal obligation to do so.
Gathered data are also processed within the framework of ensuring the operation of IT systems. Ensuring operation involves the following activities:
- Backup and restore of data processed in IT systems
- Detection and defense against unauthorized access to personal data
- Incident and problem management to remedy malfunctions in IT systems.
We also process your data in the event of legal conflicts if the legal conflict makes processing the data necessary.
5. How do we protect your personal data?
We deploy various security measures such as encryption and authentication tools in line with the current state of the art to protect and maintain the security, integrity, and availability of your data.
100% protection against unauthorized access in the case of data transfers across the internet or a website cannot be guaranteed, but we and our service providers and business partners do our utmost to protect your personal data in line with the prevailing data protection regulations by means of physical, electronic, and process-oriented security precautions in line with the current state of the art. Among other things, we use the following measures:
- Strict criteria for authorization to access your data according to the "need-to-know principle" (restriction to as few people as possible) and exclusively for the specified purpose
- Transfer of acquired data exclusively in encrypted form
- Storage of confidential data, exclusively in encrypted form
- Firewall safeguarding of IT systems to provide protection against unauthorized access, for example by hackers
- Permanent monitoring of accesses to IT systems to detect and prevent the misuse of personal data
6. How long do we keep your data?
In line with article 17 of the basic EU data protection regulations, we will keep your data only as long as necessary for the respective purposes for which we process your data. If we process data for a number of purposes, they are automatically deleted or stored in a format that does not permit conclusions to be drawn directly as regards your person as soon as the last specific task has been performed. To ensure that all of your data are deleted in line with the principle of data minimization and article 17 of the basic EU data protection regulations, HTA has created an internal deletion concept. The fundamental principles by which this deletion concept envisages the deletion of your personal data are described below.
7. Use for compliance with a contract
To comply with contractual obligations, data acquired from you can be kept for as long as the contract is in force and - depending on the nature and scope of the contract - for 6 or 10 years beyond this point in order to comply with legal requirements for preservation and to ensure clarification of any queries or claims after the end of the contract.
8. Use for the assessment of claims
Data that in our opinion will be necessary to assess and avert claims against us or to initiate criminal proceedings or assert claims against you, us or third parties can be kept by us for as long as corresponding proceedings could be initiated.
9. Use for customer care
For customer care, the data acquired from you can be kept for 3 to 10 years, unless you wish to have these data deleted and there are no contractual or legal requirements for preservation that prevent this request for deletion.
10. Whom do we grant international access to your data and how do we ensure protection?
Personal data are processed by HTA employees, and by service providers we have commissioned, preferably within the EU.
If data are processed in countries outside of the EU, HTA uses EU standard contracts, including suitable technical and organizational measures, to ensure that your personal data are processed at the same level as European data protection.
In some countries outside the EU, for example Canada and Switzerland, the EU has already determined a level of data protection comparable with that in Europe. The comparable level of data protection means that data transfer into these countries does not require any special permission or agreement.
11. Contact with us, your data privacy protection rights, and your right to file complaints with data privacy protection authorities
If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data by us, it is best to use the contact form.
As the person affected by the processing of your data, the basic EU data protection regulations and other relevant data privacy protection regulations enable you to assert certain rights in relation to us. The following section contains explanations of your rights as defined by the basic EU data protection regulations. Depending on the type and scope of your inquiry, we ask you to put the inquiry in writing.
12. Rights of persons affected
In line with the basic EU data protection regulations, as the person affected you have the following rights in particular vis-à-vis HTA:
A. Right to information (Article 15 of basic EU data protection regulations):
You can ask us for information regarding any data of yours that we keep at any time. This information concerns, among other things, the data categories we process, for what purposes we process them, the origin of the data if we did not acquire them directly from you and, if applicable, the recipients to whom we have sent your data. You can obtain a copy of your data from us free of charge. If you are interested in other copies, we reserve the right to charge for the additional copies.
B. Right to correction (Article 16 of basic EU data protection regulations):
You can request that we correct your data. We will initiate appropriate measures to keep the data of yours that we continuously process correct, complete, and up to date, based the latest information available to us.
C. Right to deletion (Article 17 of basic EU data protection regulations):
You can request that we delete your data provided the legal requirements have been met. In accordance with Article 17 of basic EU data protection regulations, this can be the case if
- The data are no longer required for the purposes they were acquired or otherwise processed
- You revoke your consent, which is the basis of the data processing, and there is no other legal basis for the processing
- You object to the processing of your data and there are no legitimate reasons for the processing or you object to data processing for the purposes of direct advertising
- The data have been processed illegally
- Where the processing is not necessary to ensure adherence to a legal obligation that requires us to process your data
- In particular with regard to legal retention periods to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims
D. Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 of basic EU data protection regulations):
You can request that we restrict the processing of your data if
- You dispute the correctness of the data - for the period of time we need to check the correctness of the data
- The processing is illegal but you do not wish to have your data deleted and request a restriction of use instead
- We no longer need your data, but you need them to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims
- You have filed an objection to the processing, though it has not yet been decided whether our legitimate grounds outweigh yours.
E. Right to data transferability (Article 20 of basic EU data protection regulations):
At your request, we will transfer your data – where technically possible – to another responsible entity. However, this right only applies if the data processing is based on your consent or is required to fulfill a contract. Instead of receiving a copy of your data, you can ask us to send the data directly to another responsible entity that you specify.
F. Right to objection (Article 21 of basic EU data protection regulations):
You can object to the processing of your data at any time for reasons that arise from your special situation provided the data processing is based on your consent or our legitimate interest or that of a third party. In this case, we will no longer process your data. The latter does not apply if we are able to prove there are compelling, defensible reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests or we require your data to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims.
13. Time limits for compliance with the rights the persons affected
As a general principle, we make every effort to comply with all requests within 30 days. This time limit, however, can be extended for reasons related to the specific rights of persons affected or complexity of your request.
14. Restriction in the provision of information regarding the rights of persons affected
In certain situations, legal specifications might require us not to provide information regarding all of your data. If we have to refuse your request for information in such a case, we will inform you of the reasons for refusal at the same time.
15. Complaints to supervisory authorities
HTA Circuit Booking GmbH takes your reservations and rights very seriously. However, if you are of the opinion that we have not dealt with your complaints or reservations adequately, you have the right to submit a complaint to the data privacy protection authorities responsible.
16. Contact data for HTA Circuit Booking GmbH data protection
If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data, it is best to use the contact form (link to contact form) or use the following contact data:
HTA Circuit Booking GmbH
Tel: +49 89 2154 7279-0
Reachability: daily 09:00 – 18:00 hrs
17. Legal basis for the processing of personal data
We only process your data if this is permitted by an applicable legal regulation. We will process your data in particular on the basis of Article 6 and Article 9 of the basic EU data protection regulations as well as on the basis of consent in line with Article 7 of the basic EU data protection regulations. Here, we will base the processing of your data on, among others, the following legal principles. Please bear in mind that this is not a complete or conclusive list of the legal principles, rather only examples intended to make the legal principles more transparent.
- Consent (Article 6 Paragraph 1 Page 1 a), Article 7 of the basic EU data protection regulation, or Article 9 Paragraph 2 a), Article 7 of the basic EU data protection regulations): We will process certain data only on the basis of the consent you have given expressly and voluntarily. You have the right to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
- Fulfillment of a contract / pre-contractual measures (Article 6 Paragraph. 1 Page 1 b) of the basic EU data protection regulations): For initiation and/or execution of your contract with HTA, HTA dealerships, and HTA partners, we require access to certain data.
- Fulfillment of a legal obligation (Article 6 Paragraph 1 Page 1 c) of the basic EU data protection regulations): HTA is subject to a number of legal specifications. We must process certain data to comply with these specifications.
Protection of legitimate interests (Article 6 Paragraph 1 Page 1 f) of the basic EU data protection regulations): HTA will process certain data in order to protect their legitimate interests or the interests of third parties. However, this only applies if your interests do not outweigh ours in individual cases.
18. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that stores internet settings. Almost every website uses cookie technology. It is downloaded by your internet browser on the first visit to a website. The next time this website is opened with the same user device, the cookie and the information stored in it is either sent back to the website that created it (first-party cookie) or sent to another website it belongs to (third-party cookie). This enables the website to detect that you have opened it previously with this browser and in some cases to vary the displayed content.
Some cookies are extremely useful, as they can improve the user experience on opening a website that you have already visited a number of times. Provided you use the same user device and the same browser as before, cookies remember for example your preferences, how you use a site, and adapt the displayed offerings to be more relevant to your personal interest and needs.
19. Use of social plug-ins on www.circuit-booking.com
Within the framework of the HTA Circuit Booking GmbH internet site at the domain www.circuit-booking.com, so-called social plug-ins of the social networks Facebook Inc., Twitter Inc., Instagram LLC. and WhatsApp Inc. com are used. Web page elements are e.g. buttons (so-called “social plug-ins) or integrated content from the providers.
The operator of Facebook is Facebook Inc.,1601 Willow Road Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA (“Facebook”). These plug-ins are marked with a Facebook logo. For an overview of Facebook web page elements and their look go to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins.
The operator of Twitter is Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA (“Twitter”). These plug-ins are marked with a Twitter logo. For an overview of Twitter webpage elements and their look go to: https://dev.twitter.com/web/overview.
If you activate the inactive Facebook/Twitter Plug-in on the internet site of HTA Circuit Booking GmbH under the domain www.circuit-booking.com your browser sets up a direct connection to the servers of Facebook/Twitter. The content of the plug-in is transferred by Facebook/Twitter directly to your browser and then integrated in the website.
The integration of the plug-ins means Facebook/Twitter receive the information that you have opened the corresponding page of the HTA Circuit Booking GmbH internet site. If you are logged in to Facebook/Twitter, Facebook/Twitter can assign the visit to your Facebook/Twitter account. As soon as you interact with the plug-ins, for example by clicking the "Like" button, the corresponding information is sent from your browser directly to Facebook/Twitter and stored there. The purpose and scope of the data acquisition and other processing and use of the data by Facebook/Twitter as well as your rights and setting options in this respect to protect your private sphere can be found in the data protection information provided by the social media operators.
20. Web analysis
For this website, HTA Circuit Booking GmbH uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are saved on your computer and enable your use of the website to be analysed. The information the cookie produces about how you use this website (including your IP address) is transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and stored there. Google uses this information to analyse your use of the website in order to compile reports about the website activities for the website operator and provide further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet. Google will also transmit this information to third parties, insofar as this is legally prescribed or third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google will never connect your IP address with other data Google has stored. You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly. However, we would point out that if you do so, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full effect. By using this website, you declare your consent to Google processing the data collated about you in the manner described above and for the purposes described above.
21. Inclusion, validity and relevance of the data protection declaration
By using our website, you are giving your unconditional consent to the data being used as described above. The data protection declaration is valid and dated 24.05.2018.
The refinement of our website or the implementation of new technologies may necessitate changes to this data protection declaration.
HTA Circuit Booking GmbH reserves the right to alter the data protection declaration at any time for future effect. We advise you to read through the latest data protection declaration again from time to time. We value the trust you place in us. That's why we are available at any time to advise you on the processing of your personal data. If you have any questions not answered by this data protection declaration or if you want further information on a particular issue, please contact us at any time.